At Afriglobal Medicare, Electrocardiogram (ECG) are conducted by trained and certified technicians. A specialist cardiologist reviews the results to interpret to our guests and check for any signs of a potential problem.
An electrocardiogram is a painless, non-invasive way to diagnose many common heart problems such as;
- Irregularities in heart rhythm (Arrhythmia),
- Heart defects,
- Problems with the heart’s valves,
- Blocked or narrowed arteries in the heart (Coronary Artery disease),
- A heart attack emergency,
- A previous heart attack.
A stress test is also known as an Exercise test or Treadmill test.
Understanding the purpose of the individual exercise test allows the physician/cardiologist to determine the appropriate methodology. Also, it helps to select test endpoints that maximize test safety and obtain needed diagnostic and prognostic information.
It is used widely for the following:
- Detection of coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Evaluation of the functional severity of CAD
- Prediction of cardiovascular events
- Evaluation of exercise-related symptoms
- Evaluation of physical capacity and effort tolerance
- Assessment of chronotropic and Inotropic competence and arrhythmias
- Assessment of the response to medical interventions.
In order to undergo an investigation, please consult your physician, call us or walk-in to any of our facilities to seek further information on all the test available.