Amazing health benefits of Garlic
It’s time to start adding garlic to your list of food menu if you have not been doing so, overtime, garlic has become very essential to what we eat, although sometimes neglected, but it is very useful to your health
1. Garlic contains potent medicinal properties: Garlic is a plant in the onion family, grown for its cooking properties and health effects. It is high in a sulfur compound called Allicin, which is believed to bring most of the health benefits.
2. Highly nutritious with low calories: Garlic is low in calories and very rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and Manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients.
3. Garlic Can Combat Sickness, Including Common Cold: did you know that Garlic supplementation is known to boost the function of the immune system?
Study shows that a daily garlic supplement reduced the number of colds by 63%
Garlic supplementation helps to prevent and reduce the severity of common illnesses like the flu and common cold.
4. The Active Compounds in Garlic Can Reduce Blood Pressure: Studies have found garlic supplementation to have a significant impact on reducing blood pressure in people with high blood pressure
High doses of garlic appear to improve blood pressure of those with known high blood pressure (hypertension). In some instances, supplementation can be as effective as regular medications.
5. Garlic Improves Cholesterol Levels, Which May Lower the Risk of Heart Disease: Garlic supplementation seems to reduce total and LDL cholesterol, particularly in those who have high cholesterol. HDL cholesterol and triglycerides do not seem to be affected.
6. Eating Garlic Can Help Detoxify Heavy Metals in the Body: At high doses, the sulfur compounds in garlic have been shown to protect against organ damage from heavy metal toxicity.