Did you know?
Drinking soda has far more serious issues than you may realize.
Studies have shown the negative health effects of drinking soda on your waistline and your teeth. Drinking soda, however, has far more serious health risks than many of us may realize.
See what it does
1. Caffeine: Most sodas contain caffeine, which has been linked to certain breast lumps, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, and cancers
2. Obesity: Diet soda is calorie-free, but it won’t necessarily help you lose weight. It was discovered that people who drank soda were more likely to be obese than those who didn’t, and for each serving of soda consumed daily, the risk of obesity increased 1.6 times
3. Lack of Nutrients: There is absolutely no nutritional value in soda whatsoever. Not only are there many harmful effects of soda, but there are not even any positive benefits to outweigh them. Soda is an unnatural substance that harms the body.
6. Soda increases the risk of diabetes: Drinking one or two sugary drinks per day increases your risk for type 2 diabetes by 25%.
7. Soda dehydrates: Caffeine is a diuretic. Diuretics promote the production of urine, causing you to urinate more frequently. When the body’s cells are dehydrated they have difficulty absorbing nutrients, and it also makes it more difficult for the body to eliminate waste.
8. Soda contains artificial sweeteners: While many people opt for artificial sugar to lower caloric intake the trade-off for your health isn’t so sweet. Artificial sugars are linked to numerous illness and diseases including cancer.
9. Bad for the teeth: Drinking soda regularly can cause plaque to build up on the teeth and can lead to cavities and gum disease
Diet soda is calorie-free, but it won’t necessarily help you lose weight.
Note: Some companies have phased out sodium benzoate, however, both sodium and potassium benzoate were classified by the Food Commission in the UK as mild irritants to the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes.
Once you’re able to break your regular soda habit and the drink loses its grip on you, it can be treated just like any other junk food: If you really love the taste, there’s nothing wrong with an occasional indulgence.
If you understand that soda is essentially just sugar and artificial flavorings, then you can be smarter about when or if you’re going to drink it.
Visit Afriglobal Medicare and book a health check package to assess your blood pressure, BMI, cholesterol, fasting blood sugar and other blood tests which may help to detect early any concerns that may have occurred as a result of overly consuming Soda drinks.